[Dragaera] Jasper Fforde

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Wed Aug 8 11:23:12 PDT 2007

Steve Rapaport wrote:

>      ad nausem,
>     ad astra per asperagus (& bonus points if you know the author & short
>     story that appears in).
>
>     Snarkhunter, writ by himself
>
> I claim the bonus points since Google tells me it's Fritz Leiber.

Ah, no--that would be *Google* getting the bonus points, you see  ;-)
It is an amusing short story, to be sure, as was so much of Leiber.

> And I claim extra bonus points for telling you to threaten its life
> with a railway-share, but beware in case the Snark is a Boojum.

Unfortunately, bonus points are available only to the first customer, so
you are too late by, well, decades.  In any case, I am not a baker nor
even a Baker, & I find a Phalanx gatling gun more effective or in a
pinch, a quad 50.  And if neither of those suffice, I just whip out a
lawyer ;-)

However, there is another source for Snarkhunter & as no one has
mentioned it here before, I'll allow boni for that--and if you tell me
the literary source of my current boat name, Redshift, I'll allow even
more ;-)

Snarkhunter