[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Sep 4 11:48:31 PDT 2007

From: kieronthecontent at gmail.com
> The consort would not be so foolish as to order a search of the Dragon
> Heir's daughter's room without absolute proof that she had "something
> incriminating". Not only that, but something seriously incriminating.

I can think of several scenarios where the consort would have done exactly this:

1) She had the guards search secretly, but if they hadn't found anything, they would have simply covered up any trace that they had done so. Since they DID find something, they then had a valid pretense for doing so.

2) She had the guards search, and in the event they didn't find anything, she gave them some incriminating evidence to plant in the room to justify the search.

(In fact, we do not know for sure that this is not actually what happened. Aliera's familiarity with chaos stones notwithstanding. The fact that she did not claim that it was planted cannot be seen as absolute proof that it was not. She may have simply felt it was not worth trying to defend herself from the machinations of the consort, since she knew she could not possibly win such a contest. Not when Tortaalik would be the judge.)

3) She just had them search, and simply relied on her power and position as consort to protect her from criticism. (She's a decadent Phoenix, remember.)

> Imagine the results if nothing would have been found.

Results that her power and authority as consort would have led her to believe she could handle, perhaps?