[Dragaera] not that anyone cares

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:20:42 PDT 2007

Desnip:
"7. The Paths - reading Zerika's ordeal walking the Paths, I was reminded
of Amber - both hellrides and the Pattern.  Maybe I'm just imagining
things on the basis of Brust's admiration for the late lamented Roger
Zelazny (and v.v. - Z.'s intro to TRiH was what got me started down this,
uhh, path) but maybe someday we'll learn Vlad, Morrolan, and Zerika all
bear some mark of the passage."

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> On 10/14/07, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> I think I'll claim a nano-credit here for events in _Dzur_.
>
> Can you be more specific? I can't think of what mark you might be referring to.

Verra says he couldn't have made it through sane so she brainwashed him.
I think that counts as a mark on the nano scale.

Unless I'm confused Morrolan gets the same treatment.  I wonder about
Zerika.

It will be interesting to see M's reaction if he's ever on terms with Vlad
again to discuss the matter, or to see what Z says if Vlad ever has
another private talk with her (presumably with the Orb in non-recording
mode).  Perhaps she'll be the Final Contractor (er?).