[Dragaera] spam

Johne Cook johne.cook at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:43:45 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 11:24 AM, Michele Riccio <mr1 at rcosta.com> wrote:

> Are you attempting to succeed at NaNo agin this year?  That could
> count at multiple success.

Here's the thing - it's like premarriage counselling for me.  Once I
successfully completed it and passed that first great milestone, 'getting
hitched',I don't need to revisit that particular training.  I'm working on
the next logical project, birthing something of lasting value.  NaNo had its
charm and accomplished its purpose, but I've outgrown the need to do it.

My time these days is thoroughly spoken for at Ray Gun Revival magazine. I
have to find the art, import the stories, write the editorial, and conduct
the Featured Artist interview.  And I've got a new chapter in my serial
novelization of The Adventures of the Sky Pirate to put to bed, which goes
in this next issue as well.  And then I get to do it all again at the end of
the month.

NaNo taught me how to do creative things for fun on a deadline in a month in
2004.  Now I have two deadlines each and every month.  NaNo accomplished
what I hoped it would, and I'm now building on that foundation with more
varied and mature creative works.  I'd say 'Mission Accomplished" if I
weren't afraid the sentiment might be misconstrued!  ; )
--
johne cook - wisconsin, usa