[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Nov 13 08:19:24 PST 2007

>We knowof (but have not seen ) one time when Verra was not doing her
>job. She concived a child with Adron.
>I doubt that was work. Unless she was planning to have her child die &
>be resurrected for some cosmic cause.
>No reasonable god would use their own child like that.

It seems clear to me that when you're talking about the motivations of the
Lords of Judgement that "reasonable" is a word that simply doesn't apply.
You can't really expect to apply human understanding to the gods.

Concerning Verra specifically, keep in mind a couple of things. She's been
described, essentially, as the goddess of perversity. She's the embodiment
of mischief, chaos, capriciousness; the random arbritrariness of life, as
Teldra puts it. This is why Teldra advises Vlad not to put his entire faith
in her. It's her nature to be, for lack of a better word, flighty and
unpredictable.

It also seems, given Sethra's narrative about the vial of blood, that Verra
is not so much prescient as pre-intuitive. She might have had a child with
Adron because of a nagging feeling that it was a good idea, without
neccesarily forseeing any of the events that lay ahead in the life of that
child.