[Dragaera] Firefly/Serenity Official Merchandise

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 11:57:08 PST 2007

Dear Mr. Feeny:

While I share your distaste for spam, I wish to point out a couple of things that seem to have escaped your awareness:

0. (Already pointed out by somebody else: Steve is a Firefly fan and writer, which makes the original post a lot more on topic than zero.)

1. Double posts, and triple and more, happen by accident fairly often.

2. "FRIEDA2133" does not typically post long off-topic (and see #0) posts. Furthermore, she has been an active member and contributor to this list for years and has built up quite a reserve of tolerance.

3. To the left, _your_ name is unfamiliar to me.* While I admit to not having read the list nearly as thoroughly in the past couple of years as I once did, this indicates to me that you are, if not a complete newcomer, at least not as active a poster as Linda has always been.

4. Speaking of long off-topic posts, it was entirely unnecessary to quote the entire post in your own rebuke.

Welcome to the list.** We try to respect each other here and treat each other with courtesy and tolerance.

* On checking my "kept Brust mail" folder, I see that you posted on 2/2/07 on "Younger than I am", so you are obviously not a newcomer. But you should, therefore, not need to have #2 pointed out to you with a clue-by-four.
** Hello anyway.

-- Mark A. Mandel, proprietor, Cracks and Shards
   http://www.cracksandshards.com
   a Steven Brust fan website