[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Opher Lubzens flash119is at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:29:21 PST 2007

--- lincicum at comcast.net (Jon Lincicum) wrote:

> > Probably spoils:  Orca, Dzur and Jhergh
> >
> > .
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 06:21:54PM +0000, Jon
> Lincicum wrote:

<snip>

> In any case, it seems likely that Vlad's spell in
> /Taltos/ to retrieve the vial of blood was a
> complete waste of effort. He might have been able to
> accomplish the same effect merely by cutting open a
> vein on his own arm. Or, for that matter, Aliera's.
>
> Majikjon

I think you're wrong, since Vlad describes th blood as
being extremely peculiar(totally black, very viscous),
peculiar enough that he doesn't recognize it as blood
at all until Kiera tells him its Vera's blood.And I
think someone would have remarked on it if his blood
had similar properties- he has surely spilled enough
of it!

Also, Easterners and Dragaerans *are* different-
Easterners are the control group for the experiment
the Jenoine were conducting, while the Dragaerans are
the operational group(s).This could be of much
consequence, since Dragaerans have part of the genetic
code of their house emblem incorporated into their own
code(well, except for Jhereg)

Opher Lubzens

"I beat Sauron!" shouts Frodo. "I shouldn't have to fight a giant monkey!"
for more madness, enter Hitherby Dragons: http://rebecca.hitherby.com