[Dragaera] Adrilankha Book/Gift Shops

Elizabeth Dalton dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Thu Dec 6 08:45:27 PST 2007

Mark A. Mandel wrote:
> ... assassinate them
> (double-s and double-s again)

That's what I get for cut-and-paste from the list! Thanks -- I think I
would have caught this when I actually put the design together, but I
appreciate the heads-up.

Steve Rapaport wrote:
 > Also how about "Lyorn Archivist" with Majikjon's Lyorn logo?  (Ask his
 > permission!)

I have a reconstructed logo for the Lyorn already -- see "What would
Aerich do?" "Lyorn Archivist" may come after a more generic Lyorn shirt.

 > "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulderblades
 > will seriously cramp his style" (check the quote for accuracy)

Already in the shop-- this was the first design I did. On shirst, mugs,
bumper stickers, buttons....

 > "You perceive, I do not ask you to sit" (Sethra's declaration of fierce
 > enmity from Paths of the Dead)

I like the quote, but I think it needs some context. An illustration
would be nice (but beyond my skill, alas).

Actually, as it is presently, it would make a really good desk sign. CP
doesn't do those, exactly, but they do greeting cards, that could be
used as such.

 > "It is good to find oneself in agreement with the gods.  It shows the
 > gods have some wisdom" (Sethra Lavode, PoTD)

Claire had originally indicated this quote:
"It is good," said the Enchantress, "to find one's self in agreement
with the gods."
"Is it?"
"Yes.  It shows the gods have some wisdom."

I think it would be acceptable to abbreviate it this way:

"It is good," said the Enchantress, "to find one's self in agreement
with the gods.... It shows the gods have some wisdom."

I'm not sure about removing 'said the Enchantress'. It scans better for
a shirt, though. I attribute quotes to Brust. This one is sort of Brust
translating Paarfi quoting (or paraphrasing?) Sethra.... anyone want to
suggest a clever way that I might attribute this to excuse the editing?

Elizabeth