[Dragaera] Dragaera shopping

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Tue Dec 11 19:02:19 PST 2007

> From: "A.S. Zanoni" <chica at dreamcafe.com>
>>

> I was thinking each of the big four characters from the Khaavren Romances
> would be worthy of their own gear.

=twinkles=  Well, I bet that will raise an interesting question:  Do they
need a separate non-House image?  Perhaps a split of House name plus
character name.  Say like this:

Lyorn Aerich
<supply quote here>

Alternately, "Aerich, Lyorn" preceding the quote...

>> "Have you seen this man?" with an Imperial Wanted Poster of Mario.
>> Perhaps a silhouette image and a list of alleged crimes.
>
> Hmmm... Tough, given the conflicting accounts we've seen of Mario's
> appearance.

That's why a silhouette.  Could even be misty and grey, to go in with his
surname.

>> For that matter, a Wanted Poster for Vlad.  That'd be a fun one to write
>> the description for.  I bet the Jhereg interoffice memos about Vlad are
>> pretty fun reading.  :D
>
> Oooo... This idea I like.

On my good days, I'm somewhat like a Tiassa.  :D  All ideas.

>> "I'm generalizing from one example, here, but everyone generalizes from
>> one example. At least, I do."
>
> Or just "Everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do." A little
> snappier.

Agreed wrt snap.  I wasn't about to do any snipping in case SKZB had paper
airplanes handy...

>> Anyone want to post most favorite five Brust quotes?  It'd be a shame to
>> leave out the non-Dragaeran books, so don't.  I'm curious to see what
>> all people liked best.
>
> How about the first sentence from the first chapter of TRiH? I've always
> loved that lovely simile of the over-written sentence.

I have a feeling that that's what drew Roger Zelazny in.  That sentence.
=grin=  I read TRiH in one sitting, and got sniped at by housemate ['You
can sit there all day, reading, and you can't game with us??!?'].

>> A.S. Zanoni
>
> Yay! Chica is still posting to the list! (You make it to your new digs
> okay?)
>
> Majikjon

Yes, and yes!  :D  Thank you for asking.

--
A.S. Zanoni
Convention Liaison for Steven Brust

Steven's Travel & Event Schedule: