[Dragaera] Jhegaala rumors

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Dec 17 11:00:36 PST 2007

Not to put a lot of pressure on Steve, but I'm really looking forward to
this story. I had expected it to be published after _Dragon_. I've been
personally speculating for awhile now that _Jhegalla_ would be the story of
Vlad's adventures back East, having fled the Empire. Presumably, we find out
how he lost his finger, amongst other things. (Too much potato soup,
perhaps?)

The transformation aspect of House Jhegalla made it seem like the most
likely candidate for a title about Vlad undergoing a personal transformation
of his own following his emotional/psychological rebirth in Phoenix.

I know it's going to be very interesting to see Fenario in particular and
the East in general from Vlad's viewpoint. I may have to finally track down
a copy of _Brokedown Palace_ to replace the one I misplaced ages ago.

Presumably someone at Tor will have realized that there could be a nice
synergy from reprinting _Brokedown Palace_ to coincide with the release of
_Jhegalla_. Hmmm, except that I see that Tor actually reprinted BP last year
as a trade paperback. I wonder why I never heard about it? Perhaps, then,
I'll suggest to my local Barnes and Noble that stocking it prominently when
Jhegalla arrives will likely get them some sales.