[Dragaera] Jhegaala rumors

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 11:15:25 PST 2007

From: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
> Not to put a lot of pressure on Steve, but I'm really looking forward to
> this story. I had expected it to be published after _Dragon_. I've been
> personally speculating for awhile now that _Jhegalla_ would be the story of
> Vlad's adventures back East, having fled the Empire. Presumably, we find out
> how he lost his finger, amongst other things. (Too much potato soup,
> perhaps?)
>
> The transformation aspect of House Jhegalla made it seem like the most
> likely candidate for a title about Vlad undergoing a personal transformation
> of his own following his emotional/psychological rebirth in Phoenix.

It's going to be interesting, for me, to see how he gets from the bad-ass assassin threatening the King of Greenaere, and disposing of Jhereg bosses with cool dispatch in /Phoenix/ to becoming the poncho-clad father-figure who "won't kill for you anymore!" in /Athyra/.

...and hopefully he'll meet girls and have cool adventures along the way.