[Dragaera] Jhegaala rumors

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 20:09:28 PST 2007

--- Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007 11:15 AM, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
> > It's going to be interesting, for me, to see how he gets from the
> bad-ass
> > assassin threatening the King of Greenaere, and disposing of Jhereg
> > bosses with cool dispatch in /Phoenix/ to becoming the poncho-clad
> > father-figure who "won't kill for you anymore!" in /Athyra/.
>
> I kinda thought that was the result of finding out that Verra had just
> been trying, badly, to manipulate the internal politics of the
> Dragaeran Empire.
>
> And of asking his grandfather what he thought about assassination.

And of Cawti's sharing her opinion, not that he could /say/ he
cared about it, and of Kelly's and his comrades' sharing their
opinions, and in general of getting more mature and doing some
thinking, and of moral, marital, and political guilt, I assume.
The consequences are clear in Vlad's climactic negotiations in
/Phoenix/, and in /Athyra/ Vlad is still willing to kill Jhereg
(and would presumably do so with cool dispatch if he had the
chance).

Jerry Friedman