[Dragaera] question about Adrilankha Gift Shop

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Sat Dec 22 03:39:11 PST 2007

Mark A. Mandel wrote:
> First, I've added a link to the Gift Shop to the top of Cracks and Shards, illustrated with the "I left my heart in Adrilankha" graphic.
>
> Second, when checking it I found that the Steel Dragon shop, which was mentioned here as the place to buy Cats Laughing CDs, has three links in its left-hand pane [1]:
>
> »     Music
> »     War for the Oaks
> »     this shop closed over trademark dispute

Will blogged about this a couple weeks ago.  From what he says, I'm not
so sure that they have a whole lot of control over that link.
http://shetterly.wordpress.com/2007/12/08/trademark-trumps-free-speech/

There should be no question that SteelDragon Press continues to publish
the Cats Laughing and Flash Girls CDs and mugs.  The trademark dispute
was most definitely strictly over Will's "Graduate from the Electoral
College" merchandise which Electoral College Sports & Accessories
speciously claimed violated their dubious trademark.

Casey