[Dragaera] Kragar - SPOILERS

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Mon Dec 31 07:06:50 PST 2007

On 28 Dec 2007 at 5:28, J C wrote

> Okay, so I was waiting to post this until after my wife read _Dzur_
> and I could talk with her about it without spoiling the book.
>
> This should be fair warning---Thar be spoilers here!
>
> _____________________________
>
> Spoilers off the port bow!
>
> Chrome Rims, too, Cap'n!
>
> D'ye see any Blue LED lights, me bucko?
>
> _____________________________

<SNIP>

> However, that brings us to Aliera e'Kieron, with whom both Mario and
> Vlad share a rather close relationship---Mario, as a lover, and Vlad
> as a brother.  One must question Aliera's motives in becoming involved
> with Mario, but any answers one obtains would be almost purely
> speculative, based in educated guesses at best.  But what about
> Kragar's relationship with Kiera?  Kiera loathes Kragar.  But, given
> their mutual friends, why does she loathe him?   So far my feeling has
> been that she hated him in a way that we tend to hate criminals--we
> can't stand to acknowledge that this person who has done such things
> can be human, and thus, that it is possible that we could become a
> criminal, too, if our circumstances were different.

Why would Aliera's relationships with Mario and/or Vlad automatically
make her friendly to Krager?  If "c" is a friend of "a" and "a" is a friend
of "b" it does not follow that "c" is a friend of "b".  In fact, I've seen
many cases in which "c" actually hates "b" and pushes to "a" to end the
association with "b".

I personally like the theory that Krager interrupted Aliera and Mario
during a ...tender... moment and she resents him for it.  ;-)

happy new year

mr