[Dragaera] Subjective conversation here!

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 11:46:09 PDT 2008

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
> On 4/28/2008 Jon Lincicum wrote:
> >  The exact pieces needed to reconstitute Godslayer is a debated issue.
> >
> >  Some favor the "any pieces + Spellbreaker will do" theory.
> >
> >  Others say it must be 100% the same as it was, right down to Teldra's
> >  soul specifically being integral to the makeup.
>
> That doesn't fit with it being broken up - into Spellbreaker, that
> particular knife - and Teldra?

"Doesn't fit" how?

In a world where there is established reincarnation of souls, a case can be made that Teldra's soul is the same one as was in the "original" Godslayer.

Please note that I do not wish to champion this theory, as I personally fall more into the "Spellbreaker + That specific dagger + Any old soul" camp.

Of course, given the time bending we've seen in the series thus far, it's also possible that at some point in the future, Godslayer will be "sent back" so the gods can take it apart (again? for the only time?) forming a causality circle within its creation that is "impossible".

Really, Who can say?