[Dragaera] Spellbreaker, again

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 16:19:10 PDT 2008

From: "Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> > If true, however, the big point this brings up is "Where did Spellbreaker come
> from originally?"
> >
> > If it's simply part of an "original" Godslayer, then presumably some ancient
> Serioli weaponsmith is responsible, and Spellbreaker is simply the remnant that
> the gods were unable to destroy.
> >
> > However, if Vlad is the first/only creator, as you posit, then who made it?
> Loraan? Some unnamed Serioli? Someone else? And WHY was it created? Specifically
> to be a part of the Great Weapon it would later become? Or for some other
> reason?
>
> Apparently the Serioli made Godslayer, and Spellbreaker was the part
> they made at some point in the undetermined past, and the rest of it
> was made on the shores of the Lesser Sea from a Morganti dagger and
> the soul of an Issola.

I see. Sort of an "Assembled-on-the-Shores-of-the-Lesser-Sea-of-Chaos-from-parts-manufactured-in-the-Kanefthali-Mountains-and-elsewhere" situation?

I didn't realize Serioli weaponsmiths were so keen on outsourcing. ;-)

I kid. I can actually see that sort of explanation possibly working. It just sounds funny, and I'm not personally convinced.