[Dragaera] night vision

Diana diana.neat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:24:30 PDT 2008

>> Interesting point, though:  while Vlad always speaks of jhereg as
>> scavengers, in Athyra we do see that Rocza has negative opinions about
>> *hunting*, and they do bring in apparently fresh game when Vlad is injured.
>>
>> Go figure . . .
>
> So how does the *race* behave?   As predators or scavengers?

Do the two have to be mutually exclusive? A number of earth predators
will scavenge, if the opportunity presents itself, and many scavengers
don't wait until their meal is completely dead to move in.

Plus, as was pointed out while I was writing the above, there's also
been some modification to the species in terms of increased
intelligence and who knows what else. (Was the poison originally
present, or is it an added design feature?) But whether the tweaking
enhanced the predatory or scavenger behaviors, I don't think it's
unreasonable to think that both could have easily existed in the
unmodified jhereg.