[Dragaera] Kragar - SPOILERS

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 08:46:00 PST 2008

In article <4778BF3A.23721.206863 at localhost>, mr1 at rcosta.com (Michele
Riccio) wrote:

> On 28 Dec 2007 at 5:28, J C wrote
>

> > Okay, so I was waiting to post this until after my wife read _Dzur_
> > and I could talk with her about it without spoiling the book.
> >
> > This should be fair warning---Thar be spoilers here!
> >
> > _____________________________
> >
> > Spoilers off the port bow!
> >
> > Chrome Rims, too, Cap'n!
> >
> > D'ye see any Blue LED lights, me bucko?
> >
> > _____________________________
> >
> <SNIP>
> >
> > However, that brings us to Aliera e'Kieron, with whom both Mario and
> > Vlad share a rather close relationship---Mario, as a lover, and Vlad
> > as a brother.  One must question Aliera's motives in becoming
> > involved
> > with Mario, but any answers one obtains would be almost purely
> > speculative, based in educated guesses at best.  But what about
> > Kragar's relationship with Kiera?  Kiera loathes Kragar.  But, given
> > their mutual friends, why does she loathe him?   So far my feeling
> > has been that she hated him in a way that we tend to hate
> > criminals--we can't stand to acknowledge that this person who has
> > done such things can be human, and thus, that it is possible that we
> > could become a criminal, too, if our circumstances were different.
>
> Why would Aliera's relationships with Mario and/or Vlad automatically
> make her friendly to Krager?  If "c" is a friend of "a" and "a" is a
> friend of "b" it does not follow that "c" is a friend of "b".  In
> fact, I've seen many cases in which "c" actually hates "b" and pushes
> to "a" to end the association with "b".
>
> I personally like the theory that Krager interrupted Aliera and Mario
> during a ...tender... moment and she resents him for it.  ;-)

Nah. She'd never have noticed.

I've always felt that Krager gives Aliera the creeps, and being a fairly
impetuous soul, she's built this into a strong dislike. Why should he do
that? Well, he's kind of an anti-Dragon, even though he was born as a
Dragon. His inability to be noticed is just so opposite to what a normal
Dragon does naturally, that he could easily be seen as something
horribly "wrong". I strongly doubt that his leaving his native House was
as simple as he makes out.

--
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.