[Dragaera] Attribution on swag items... things to consider

Elizabeth Dalton dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Fri Jan 4 15:15:22 PST 2008

(Re: House swag)

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> I like the idea.  However, I'm leery of giving them as gifts, since
> house identification is rather personal :-).  And many people haven't
> announced one.  And I haven't bought one myself for similar reasons; I
> don't really identify that way.

Yeah... I'm probably as much a Tiassa as anything, but I'm not sure I'd
necessarily want a Tiassa shirt (though what's not to like about a big
cat with wings?)

I thought the buttons might do better, once they're all done, as people
could get one of each and cover a backpack with them or something.
But as Scott Schultz suggested, I think I'll treat the House logos as
more of a long-term project. I do appreciate that folks are kind of
tapped out from the holidays at the moment, but most of the other
designs have sold at least a few items each, whereas the House designs
haven't moved at all.

PS: SelectSmart does have a "House selector" but I don't know how good
it is: http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=dragaeranhouses
(It thinks I'm a Hawk, Lyorn, Issola, or Tiassa, in that order... but it
doesn't give a percentage match they way the presidential candidate
selectors do, and I'm not sure about some of the questions... what's
this "nervous person" about? Teckla?)

--
Elizabeth Dalton
Support Steven Brust!