[Dragaera] Thought for the week: BookTour

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Sun Jan 6 08:23:02 PST 2008

====
> Didn't know that was how the book tour thing works.  Thought it started
> the other way around like with Tor.
>
> So has anybody worked up a nice one sheet handout to print up and leave
> with a bookstore?

To get started, go talk to a bookstore and find out who takes care of
their promotions, such as book signings.  Then talk to that person.  S/he
will know what they need.

"To request book signings and/or book tours, please contact Steven's
publisher:
http://www.tor-forge.com/PressRoom.aspx

This is per Tor Books and includes fans, bookstores and libraries."

That's what I put up on the Angelfire website (in signature) after
speaking to Tor Books myself.

I'd say you have a really good shot.  After all, _Dzur_ was in Amazon's
top 100-1000 books for three days.  Like he's a bestselling author, eh?

Chica*---

--
A.S. Zanoni
Outbound Convention Liaison for Steven Brust

Steven's Travel & Event Schedule:
http://www.angelfire.com/fang/dreamcafe_chica