[Dragaera] LOLDragaera

Margaret Young myoung at albion.edu
Mon Jan 7 11:13:23 PST 2008

FWIW

I gave Klava mugs and "What happens at Castle Black" tees for Christmas
and found one of the cool things is that people responses to the gifts
gave me a chance to talk up the books.

Think it might be a very good idea to post this suggestion to the lj
— since this is a very cheap and fun way of getting more people
aware of the books.

Margaret

Elizabeth Dalton wrote:
> Scott Schultz wrote:
>
>> Before investing a bunch of money into swag, LOL or otherwise, you
might
>> consider that the active population of this list (whatever the
actual
>> subscription size might be) can generally run somewhere between ten
and
>> twenty. That's not to say that the lurkers wouldn't jump at the
chance to
>> buy Jhereg swag, but I'd take it as a sign that you should start
slow and
>> see what sells before exhausting your initiative and your creativity
jumping
>> in a dozen directions at once.
>>

> I'm not sure it's possible to exhaust my initiative or creativity,
but
> your point is well taken regarding limiting financial investment. Or

> time. :)
>
> The nice thing about CafePress is that no upfront investment is
needed,
> beyond creating the design itself.

Have you considered cross posting or expanding the audience feedback
into Steve's LJ account? There seem to be a lot of active followers
over
there, and I 'm not sure how many of them are on this list. Seems like

another audience to be reached.
-SeH