[Dragaera] LOLDragaera

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:14:57 PST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 10:01 AM, Howard Brazee wrote:

> I thought "LOL" meant "Laughing Out Loud", and didn't know there was a
> phenomenon.   These messages got me to Google it, but I suspect I still
> don't know what it is.

While it started with LOLcats, the meme of "take a photo of something,
maybe alter it a bit in some image processing program, and add a
funny, often misspelled caption to it" spread first to include other
animals (including hamsters, rabbits, dogs, and of course, walrus and
seals), and then to ... other groups of related things.  Thus:

LOLscience
   http://community.livejournal.com/lolscience

LOLpresidents
   http://www.lolpresidents.com/