[Dragaera] Giddy T-shirt par-ergon

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:11:38 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 10:28 PM, Bryan Newell wrote:
> Since Davdi seems to have ignored this in his revisions, I'm going to reply
> to the list.

Well, he has been a bit preoccupied.

> Nonetheless, it appears to be how Paarfi refers to him.  For example, I
> found the following references in just the first few pages of /The Phoenix
> Guards/ and /Five Hundred Years After/:

[snip list]

Yet those are far outnumbered by the number of references where Paarfi
does /not/ use a number.

The number of the monarch, or indeed any individual, is given when
said individual is formally introduced, but not usually in more
general references.   Given that the mention of Tortaalik here is more
than a little /in media res/, I am opting to consider this a general
reference rather than an introduction.