[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:42:26 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 8:16 AM, Elizabeth Dalton wrote:

> Philip Hart wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> >

> >>Revision Mk 17:
> >>
> >>cheap and common fabric, and solid, buttonless design: this very
> >
> > "Solid design" seems odd.  How about an ironic "unimaginative"?
>
> I liked "shapeless."

I have been trying to think of a way to describe the design of a
T-shirt without calling it that.  The problem is, I can think of
counter-examples that might also fit -- a "buttonless" garment might
still have lacings; as it stands now, the description might also refer
to a toga, or a blouse, for example.

If not a tube, perhaps tubelike?

A buttonless collection of shapeless tubes?

I am starting to think that "manifold" might be worked in after all...

Hm.

"and a buttonless {tubelike|manifold} design that slides over the
torso and arms"