[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 20:50:31 PST 2008

I did it again!  Sorry, Max.

--- Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3.) I like everything up to and included "of sadly cheap and common
> fabric." The following phrase, "designed much like a plain," &c, is
> sixteen syllables where I feel the flow of the joke requires at most
> three or four. SKZB's blog recently referenced a limerick:
>
> There was a young man from Iran
> Whose limericks would never quite scan
> When told this was so,
> He replied, "Yes, I know.
> It happens because I always try to fit as many syllables into the very
> last line as I possibly can."

There once was a gas-man named Peter
Who had trouble finding the meter,
Touched a leak with his light--
He was blown out of sight,
And so, as anyone can tell by the merest glance, did the meter.

Since Landor made it onto this list, see also "The Offense", by
the sometimes great James Wright.

Jerry Friedman