[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:07:13 PST 2008

The text now stands as follows:

Rev Mk 19:

My esteemed mother and father traveled to Dragaera City in search of
diversion, and sojourned there at no small expense, enjoying the
city's tolerably fine meals and entertainments, just at that crucial
point in our history when, subsequent to unrest and uprisings in the
city, the conflict between the Dragon Heir Lord Adron e'Kieron and the
Phoenix Emperor Tortaalik erupted into open rebellion, culminating in
the explosion of raw amorphia that transformed the city and its
environs into the Lesser Sea of Chaos; and while I am indeed glad that
my parents had the good fortune to escape the Disaster with their
lives, the only token of their adventure that I had the honor of
receiving was the plain and simple garment that you see before you,
which, you perceive, is short, bland, buttonless, and of sadly cheap
and common fabric: -- this very shirt.
 --  Two words from a certain Gentleman of the House of the Hawk.

Being unfortunately overly-concerned with inserting as many
Paarfi-phrases as possible, I did think of the following change:

"[...] and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune
to escape the Disaster with their lives, they pretended that due to
the haste of their departure from the city, the only token of their
adventure they could do me the honor of providing me was the plain and
simple garment that you see before you, [&c.]"

However, being mindful of the noble Ms. Dalton's concerns about
fitting all of the text into the appropriate template in a readable
font, I shall not insist on it.  Although this is not much longer than
the text above, now I think of it.

"[...] and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune
to escape the Disaster with their lives, they pretended that the only
token of their adventure they could do me the honor of providing me
was the plain and simple garment that you see before you,  [&c.]"

I await, as ever, comments from anyone who has an interest in
commenting upon the text.