[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Jan 15 17:10:38 PST 2008

Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> Being unfortunately overly-concerned with inserting as many
> Paarfi-phrases as possible, I did think of the following change:
>
> "[...] and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune
> to escape the Disaster with their lives, they pretended that due to
> the haste of their departure from the city, the only token of their
> adventure they could do me the honor of providing me was the plain and
> simple garment that you see before you, [&c.]"
>
> However, being mindful of the noble Ms. Dalton's concerns about
> fitting all of the text into the appropriate template in a readable
> font, I shall not insist on it.  Although this is not much longer than
> the text above, now I think of it.
>
> "[...] and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune
> to escape the Disaster with their lives, they pretended that the only
> token of their adventure they could do me the honor of providing me
> was the plain and simple garment that you see before you,  [&c.]"

I do very much approve of including "pretended"; that's one of the
memorable phrasings that Paarfi uses, and I'm glad to see it in this.  I
think it should be kept with "due to to the haste of their departure",
too.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info