[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Rick Castello rick at punk.net
Tue Jan 15 17:37:14 PST 2008

On Tue, January 15, 2008 5:28 pm, Elizabeth Dalton wrote:
> Now this brings up an interesting alternative. While CafePress only
> allows printing on one side of dark shirts, on light shirts one can
> print on both front and back. I offer for the consideration of the group
> at large the tentative suggestion that the text could, in fact, be split
> such that half would appear on the front, and half on the back of the
> garment in question, on the theory that this might enhance the Paarfi
> essence of the garment (as well as making the resulting text more
> readable at a distance consistent with the bounds of personal space
> commonly practiced in many modern cultures).
>
> David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>> ...And since it's only the front of one shirt,...

     Though it may certainly have its ancillary benefits, I tend
     to prefer not to have to ask a random person or passerby,

     "Turn around please, so I might read the back of your shirt,
     as its front is so amusing, and my curiosity is piqued!"

     Or to get caught staring at someone's backside as they pass,
     and be presumed to be staring at assets other than the print
     of their shirt...

     ...not to mention the difficulties one might suffer should you
     run across someone in colder climes wearing a jacket, who would
     then have to remove it to give your funny bone satisfaction...

     I dare say, I much prefer, if anything should appear upon the
     opposite side of the shirt, that the back instead might display
     a small URL to a suitable reference for the joke, perhaps just
     below the collar-line as seen on many shirts these days, for
     those who do not get the joke, and may be too timid to ask.

     If the wearer has long hair - too bad for them, they'll have to
     become bold - we can't cater to EVERY circumstance.

     *grin*

     -Rick