[Dragaera] Striving towards Paarfiction...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:26:48 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 10:37 AM, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Dragaerans have "Holy Days", but do they take "Holidays"?

The exact same thought occurred to me, which is why I am glad to
report that there are two examples of the use of that term in sense of
"leisure time" or "recreation" that appear in /Viscount/:

[begin cite]

As the journey to Adrilankha went quickly, we took our time returning
and made a holiday of it.

[end cite]

[begin cite]

And, in this case, the accident was that it was on this day, rather
than the day before or the day after, that Zerika happened to decide,
to the extent of throwing her pen across the room, that she had had
enough work, and must give herself something of a holiday or else she
would, as she put it to herself, "either dissolve into the Orb, or
explode like my predecessor."

[end cite]