[Dragaera] Is less more Paarfict?

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Jan 17 13:44:25 PST 2008

I think that when you design something by committee that you're never going
to done until somone with authority draws a line in the sand and says "This
is the final version". That's why software ships with bugs. Someone says
"Enough! We'll ship what we have and fix the rest later!" ;-)

I'll suggest a version that flows a bit more comfortably for me, but I
expect I'll buy a shirt no matter what the final form so take that for what
it's worth. ;-) I find that juxtaposing "you perceive" and "you now see
before you" feels redundant, rather like "ATM machine". I would actually
make this shorter but I'm acknowledging the unstate goal of including the
phrases "nearly", "you perceive" and "honor of".

My esteemed mother and father traveled to Dragaera City for a holiday,
enjoying the city's tolerably fine meals and expensive entertainments,
but the unfortunate timing of their sojourn led to its interruption by
the riots and uprisings in the city preceding that crucial point in
our history when the conflict between the Dragon Heir Lord Adron
e'Kieron and the Phoenix Emperor Tortaalik erupted into open
rebellion, culminating in the explosion of raw amorphia that
transformed the city and its environs into the Lesser Sea of Chaos;
and while I am indeed glad that my parents had the good fortune to
escape the Disaster with their lives, they pretended that in their haste
to flee the city, the sole token of their adventure they could find to
present
to me as commemoration of the journey is this shirt I have the honor to wear
before you, which, you perceive, is a nearly unremarkable garment of sadly
cheap and common material; of barely any worth at all.
 --  Two words from a certain Gentleman of the House of the Hawk.