[Dragaera] A Paarfict Storm

Diana diana.neat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:57:47 PST 2008

> Manuscripts are not submitted in a proportional font.  The font seen in
> the mailing list is whatever font ones mail reader is set for --
> monospaced in my case.
>
> Standards may change as it becomes more common for the authors file to
> actually be used as the basis for typesetting, because of points like
> the one you make.  I don't know if or how often big publishers are doing
> that yet, though.

OK, point for different people using whatever font they choose to read email.

But still...more often than not, the manuscripts I see are in
(goddamn) Times or something. And what else would the typesetters use,
if not the files provided by the authors?

Granted, this is all from the perspective of one involved in the
editorial-production end of textbook publishing, and has very little
bearing on what looks to be a most excellent t-shirt. Except that
unless it's in Courier, it shouldn't have those spaces. :)