[Dragaera] Favorite Potential Crossover Character (A Poll)

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Wed Feb 6 17:15:04 PST 2008

Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Among those who have not already appeared, which character from the
> Khaavren Romances would you be most interested in seeing make a cameo
> (or perhaps more than a cameo) appearance in a Vlad novel? (And, at
> least briefly, why?)

Hm. My first thought was Miska, too, because he has cameos so many
places already, and of course it's always fun to see Pel. We haven't
actually seen Khaavren "on set" as it were, so I'd like to see that but
I'm not sure it counts, since at least we've heard bits about him.

Laszlo, I guess, because I'm terribly curious about him. (I'd like to
know if he's aging, for example.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Piro and Ibronka, either. The issue of mixed
House background hasn't gotten so much play in the Vlad series yet. And
an appearance by the two of them might provide an opportunity to drop
some hints about why the prohibition against inter-House marriages is
important, beyond social reasons. I suspect there's something about the
Cycle that the gods derive power from, that relies on the defining
aspects of the Houses remaining relatively constant.

I really miss Aerich. It's hard to imagine reading _Lyorn_ someday
without him in it.

--
ErzsŽbet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust!