[Dragaera] Jhegaala blurb -- notion, with spoiler warning

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:06:06 PST 2008

[spoiler space  for Jhegaala]

.

On noting that Vlad's relatives' family name is "Merss" (Noish-Pa's
original patronymic?  or perhaps not?),  I hit the Hungarian-English
dictionary to see what I might see.  The word "Merss" does not appear
to be Hungarian, but the rather similar word "merész" ("sz"="s"-sound
in English) means things like "bold", "brave", "daring", "enterprise".
 Which reminded me of Vlad's assertion in /Issola/ that young
Easterners are "Brash, cocky, and convinced we can beat anything that
walks, flies, or swims, and that we know all the answers to everything
."

( "Rather like Dzur, then." "I guess. I'm generalizing from one
example, here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I
do." )

Which may or may not actually be pertinent, but nevertheless, there you go.

I have nothing on "Burz", except for "burzsoá" -- "bourgeois".  For
whatever that's worth.