[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Scott Crain s_thomas_crain at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 17:56:25 PDT 2008

1. The Wandering Easterner and His Son

Absolutely.  This, I think, will become a compelling reason for Vlad to find a way to make peace with the business side of the Jhereg.

2. Cawti's Reaction

Poorly -- but I think she'll adapt.  When you get down to it, Vlad, their child, and Noish-Pa are the only real family she has.

3. Vlad vs. Teldra: Round 1.  Fight!!

This'll be interesting.  I think -- if Morganti-Teldra is anything like Lady Teldra -- that the testing between the two will be low-level and constant, i.e. more a matter of influence of one on the other.  We've already seen this in Vlad's case (being polite), and to an extent in Teldra's case (the knee-jerk killing of the sorceress, which Lady Teldra probably would've never done).  So I think it'll be primarily a cooperative effort.

4. Jhereg Right

I think so.  I think that with Teldra helping Vlad out, he'll be able to negotiate much more smoothly.  (And with Teldra there, negotiate from a position of power.)  Perhaps with a job or two, and especially with Vlad learning again to hate Dragaerans in general and like a few in specific, he'll be able to get the death mark lifted, and go back to work for the Right Hand.

I know -I- would like that.

5. Jhereg Left

Possibly.  I think that it's possible that they'll come after him, and he'll take care of himself the way he usually does.  I think that the hatred of the Left Hand may well be the trigger necessary for Vlad to start hating Dragaerans again.  I can very easily see the Left Hand going after Vlad in the nastiest ways -- you know, burning down the building he's in, etc. etc. -- and the Empress stepping in and saying to the Jhereg, 'take care of it now, or else'.  With that sort of pressure, well, I can see the Right Hand offering Vlad amnesty if he finishes the problem...

6. Verra Taps A Vein

Collecting it in a vial to stick into Morrolan, of course.  Morrolan can't leave; he has the blood of a Dragaeran.  Vlad can; he's got the blood of an Easterner.  Pipe a concentrated dose of the latter into the former, and for a little while, Morrolan is 'Easterner'.

Or maybe she needs to find a compatable donor, y'know?

7. Morrolan, Mum?

Of course he'll talk to Vlad again.  Wasn't Vlad's fault, etc. etc.  Morrolan is upset, mourning, all the fun stuff, but he isn't the sort to hold a grudge.  If he's pissed, Vlad will know it, y'know?

8. Sethra Plots

Of -course- Sethra has plans.  Sethra -got- Vlad into this, y'know?  She was nice to him way back when, taught him how to move, etc.  She's the one who suggested to whomever-it-was that he might be good for enforcement work.

Sheesh.

9. Aliera's INfluence

Little, I think, if any -- except perhaps for advice.

10. Valabar's.

Something that makes us once again plead with Steve to either a) tell us where 'Valabar's' is, or b) open up a restaurant.  And of course he'll be satisfied.

S. Thomas Crain
Author-in-Training