[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 11:03:01 PDT 2008

From: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
> Concerning Great Weapons, I think it's important to remember, when talking
> about "soul storage", that it wasn't a case of any old morganti weapon
> holding any old soul. It was Pathfinder preserving the soul of its wielder.
> If we hadn't already suspected it, _Issola_ showed us that a Great Weapon is
> bound to the soul of its "owner".
>
> We don't have any particular evidence that a Great Weapon could or would
> "store" some random soul instead of eating it. About all we've seen is that
> Blackwand would, apparently, honor Morollan's wishes as to whether to
> consume a soul or not. There IS the case of Loraan, but we still don't
> really know why Blackwand didn't consume Loraan's soul. There's certainly no
> evidence that Blackwand "held it and then spit it out", so to speak.

There's the Left-Hand sorceress who killed Morrolan in /Jhereg/. Pathfinder did indeed "store" her soul, then "spit it out" back into her body so she could remove the anti-revivification spell that she had placed on Morrolan.

This does indeed appear to be something that Aliera had to specifically tell Pathfinder to do, however, so I doubt that Crithnak's sister is in the same situation.