[Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]

James Griffin umbraenoctis at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:51:43 PDT 2008

As I recall (somewhat hazily), in one of the beginning books (Jhereg or Taltos?) it is said one of the distinguishing attributes of a Great Weapon (a super-Morganti?) is that it can decide whether or not it will destroy the soul of its target (implying I believe said target to remain dead, but free to re-incarnate). However, I think I remember that Kieron's Greatsword and the Orb were also listed as Great Weapons, and the Orb at least is not a Morganti blade. (I don't recall Kieron's Greatsword explicitly declared to be Morganti, for what that's worth.)

James Griffin,

Still Another Vlad faN> From: scott at cjhunter.com> To: dragaera at dragaera.info> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:16:45 -0700> Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Ten New Questions after Dzur. [Dzur Spoilers]> > > There's the Left-Hand sorceress who killed Morrolan in /Jhereg/. > > Pathfinder did indeed "store" her soul, then "spit it out" back into her > > body so she could remove the anti-revivification spell that she had placed > > on Morrolan.> >> > This does indeed appear to be something that Aliera had to specifically > > tell Pathfinder to do, however, so I doubt that Crithnak's sister is in > > the same situation.> > > Good point, I'd forgotten about that. Then I suppose the only caveat I'd > observe on the matter is that it was Pathfinder taking this action in both > instances, and we know that Pathfinder is not your average Great Weapon (as > if any of them could be considered "average").> > > _______________________________________________> Dragaera mailing list> Dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> http://lists.dragaera.info/listinfo.cgi/dragaera-dragaera.info