[Dragaera] Subjective conversation here!

Tom Foolery tomasfoolery at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:46:04 PDT 2008

Hi all!  This is fun!  I appreciate everyone who has replied, to both
address my "newness" and my conversation.

Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote in reply to me:

> > "According to prophecy, Godslayer will kill Verra."
> >
> > Isn't the actual translation of Godslayer to be "remover of aspects of
> > deity"?  And while it could be a deadly thing, it doesn't mean it will
> > destory the god.  Couldn't there be other applications of that?
> > Especially
> > considering the soul used?
> >

> Hey, I didn't make the prophecy!  Take it up with Sethra! :-P

Ha!  I'd rather insult a Dzurlord!  Well, I have to say, Sethra has been a
font of truthfulness and general helpfulness in all that she does... right?
And, we've already seen that things are pretty subjective, so perhaps Sethra
isn't 100% correct either.  I do have an issue with how it seems to be
accepted that Spellbreaker was once a fully built Great Weapon... didn't the
Serioli say it wasn't one, yet?  No references, since I am AFB and am not
pursuing this scholarly - but "yet" is different than "was, and will be" in
my mind.  Considering how much trouble the prhase "our world" was in Jhereg,
I can imagine that words were chosen carefully there.

I certainly have come far afield from declaring I believe in Taltos-as-story
and that Brokedown Palace means a lot more to Vlad and empire than it
appears.   I can't wait for Vlad to visit the "east in which a part of which
is Fenario".  I suppose Dragaera is rathe Ethnocentric and by proxy so am
I... but I was thinking it went without saying that perhaps the East is more
vast and populous and perhaps even uncaring as to the fate of the shrouded
lands.

signing off now with more words than I've typed in a while,

Tomas