[Dragaera] Subjective conversation here!

Chris Olson Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 28 10:49:15 PDT 2008

Tom Foolery wrote:
> Somehow I made it through the books without ever picking up on that, which I
> am assuming is a fault of mine in missing some details.  I think I am
> heading towards a facepalm when it is pointed out to me.

I wouldn't sweat it.  Some of us on the list (ahem, myself included)
have read and re-read these books so often we can quote bits and slide
other parts into casual conversation.  (Okay, maybe that last part is
just me, but I doubt it.)

One of the greatest aspects of Steve's work is that there's always
something new to discover on multiple readings, whether or not new
revelations have been revealed.  (For instance, after reading "Orca",
one can go back and read the other Vlad books and see the TON of hints
Steve dropped on the way to that shocker.  The devious bastard.:)

So, unless you've read the books a number of times, you'd likely not
catch every little nuance.  Hell, I still haven't, and I tend to read
them about once a year.

Chris

PS--For further info on taltos (taltoses?), check out "The Gypsy", by
Brust and Lindholm.  Nothing to do with Dragaera, but it's a great book,
and offers another look at a taltos.