[Dragaera] Subjective conversation here!

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Apr 28 12:56:15 PDT 2008

>>  Others say it must be 100% the same as it was, right down to Teldra's
>>  soul specifically being integral to the makeup.
>
> That doesn't fit with it being broken up - into Spellbreaker, that
> particular knife - and Teldra?

I don't see how Teldra's soul could be integral to Godslayer. I thought it
was pretty clear that Teldra's soul had been destroyed. The "threads" that
Vlad collected and "wound about his soul" were remnants; echoes of Teldra's
personality. Crumbs, if you will. Godslayer's personality may use Lady
Teldra as a template, but it isn't Lady Teldra herself.

The exception, of course, being the time-loop theory I've tossed around that
says that only one Godslayer ever exists.

You don't exactly require time travel to accomplish this. We've already seen
an example of punishment involving banishment to a dimension where time
flows faster. Sethra-the-Younger was banished in this fashion and spent
three years on her punishment. When she returned only a few days had passed.
>From her personal point of view, she traveled three years back in time when
she returned to the Empire.

If the pieces of Godslayer ended up in dimensions where time flows opposite
to Dragaera, the chain and knife could leave Dragaera in the "future" and
re-enter it in the "past" while never doing anything but move "forward" on
their own personal timelines.

On re-reading the conversation with the Serioli, though, I'm less enamored
of this theory. The Serioli claims that Godslayer and Pathfinder
were/will-be created at roughly the same time. The Gods
attempted/will-attempt to dismantle Godslayer, but if you find Pathfinder
then you will find Godslayer because when one turns up,the other tends to
turn up also. Maybe this is the real reason that Pathfinder was disguised as
an ordinary morganti blade.

Anyway, I'm not averse to the idea of this being the second time that
Godslayer has come together, though I'm not particularly averse to it being
the first time, either. *heh* Time does strange things around the Lords of
Judgement, and there must be a reason why the Serioli think in a fashion
that appears to transcend ordinary linear thinking.