[Dragaera] Spellbreaker, again

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 15:42:08 PDT 2008

From: "Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Tom Foolery <tomasfoolery at gmail.com> wrote:
> > See, this is what gets me.  Of course, it is possible to grab a soul, place
> > it aside, and reincarnate it.  But WHY?  If they broke up the thing, why
> > would they let Teldra be reincarnated as herself?  That is, of course, the
> > thing was destroyed to be destroyed, not stored in component parts.
> >
> > Frankly, if you can get Spellbreaker into the hands of an Assassin, who must
> > eventually use a morganti weapon, eventually Spellbreaker is going to be
> > recreated.  I think it a marvelous stroke of ill luck that Lady Teldra was
> > the soul.  Personally, I think the morganti weapon would have featured more
> > prominently somewhere, somehow.
>
> Count me as one of those who thinks that the "destroyed/reconstituted"
> theory is nonsense. Godslayer's/Lady Teldra's origin story is told in
> Issola. It never existed before except inasmuch as the future is
> intricsic to the present.

Certainly this is an option.

If true, however, the big point this brings up is "Where did Spellbreaker come from originally?"

If it's simply part of an "original" Godslayer, then presumably some ancient Serioli weaponsmith is responsible, and Spellbreaker is simply the remnant that the gods were unable to destroy.

However, if Vlad is the first/only creator, as you posit, then who made it? Loraan? Some unnamed Serioli? Someone else? And WHY was it created? Specifically to be a part of the Great Weapon it would later become? Or for some other reason?