[Dragaera] Vlads blood

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon May 19 22:06:42 PDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/20/2008 12:30:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> cracksandshards at gmail.com writes:
>
>> * unaugmented human, like normal Easterners,
>

> Remind me.  Do we think "unaugmented human, like normal  Easterners" can do
> witchcraft or only augmented humans like Vlad?

I think the simplest reading of the Texts (that is, _Jhereg_ iirc) has
the J giving the original human stock psionic augmentation, but that
seems unprovable and irrelevant to me.  Maybe the development of
witchcraft is tied to Dragaera as Elder Sorcery is.  Maybe the original
stock had altered itself, or perhaps the talent was latent in the first
humans.  That's all lost in the past.