[Dragaera] Seventeen Steps...

Chris Olson Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 6 10:35:17 PDT 2008

While once more enjoying some light reading (when I'm stressed, I turn
to the light stuff--go figure), I observed something which I'd before
only seen.  Once more, the Magic Number shows up, this time leading to
the World's Greatest Detective.

 From the Sherlock Holmes story "A Scandel in Bohemia":

Watson is asked how many steps there are which lead up from the hall to
"this" room (their sitting room).

Holmes: "Now, I know that there are seventeen steps, because I have both
seen and observed."

This amused me, but for some reason did not surprise me.

I'm thinking Sherlock Holmes was a Hawklord, myself.  Any other suggestions?

:)
Chris