[Dragaera] incident with Pel

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 13 08:36:05 PDT 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Steve Rapaport wrote:

> I would imagine, to elaborate, that the woman had insulted Pel, either on
> account of his not being a Dragon, or being a Yendi, or being short.  Pel's
> response would have been a subtle but enraging insult, which caused the
> woman to suddenly attack him without warning, in a manner obvious to those
> around them as a breach of all duelling codes, and simply attempted murder.

Barehanded?  Instead of casting a spell, or drawing a sword and falling
on him?  Pel presents a story obviously intended not to be believed -
but we ought to wonder if the next scenario we turn to isn't the result
of being manipulated.  He might have told a simple believable lie and
had much the same effect at less risk.