[Dragaera] quotes

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 11:03:52 PDT 2008

From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
> There is a long thread in the list archives from sometime in the last year
> or so with many many quotes from the Texts.
>
> I love the "If there's nothing else around, we can always kill each
> other" quote.  Incidentally it sounds like something that could have
> been said in some dark episode of Buffy.
>

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Robert wrote:
>
> > Im just curious what quotes are favorites from any of the books. Personally I
> have 2 favorites.
> >
> > "When all you have is a stick, everything looks like a kneecap"
> > and
> > "Plans are overrated, lets just start killing things. If theres nothing else
> around, we can allways kill each other."

This came up in reference to the T-Shirts for sale on Cafepress.

Here's a good link for a starting point if you'd like to review the thread:

http://lists.dragaera.info/htdig.cgi/dragaera-dragaera.info/2007q4/thread.html#3574

Incidentally, I've always been a fan of: "I collected my thoughts. Some day I hope to own them all."

Or the more widely regarded: "Everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do."

Both are from /Issola/. That book has more good one-liners than any of the others, IMO.