[Dragaera] SKZB brings balm to BoingBoing: That Violet Blue Thing

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Thu Jul 10 09:05:19 PDT 2008

The fact that the thread even existed appeared to me redundant.  The
question of what they should do to Violet Blue was covered nicely in their
moderation policies:

Q. I can't believe that Boing Boing, of all places, would be using
censorship. What happened to freedom of speech?

A. Boing Boing is steadfast in its support of your freedom of speech. We
believe that you, O Reader, should be able to have (or refuse to have)
anything you want on your own website, as long as it doesn't deprive others
of their rights. Yay, freedom of speech!

By that same token, freedom of speech also means that the people who write
and edit Boing Boing have the right to have (or refuse to have) anything
they want on their own website. If one of the things they don't want is a
comment that you have posted, they aren't depriving you of your freedom of
speech. You're free to put that comment up on your own webpage.

Unless they'd just added that bit to the FAQ recently, the whole thread was
just grandstanding.  Thanks for bringing it to a close, Steve.  Sorry you
apparently had to register with the site just to do so.

StY

2008/7/10 Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood <dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org>:

> Eh... Steve's comments were good, but regarding the whole post... I think I
> like the directions on how to create a giant cardboard Ghandi better. ;)
>
> Johne Cook wrote:
>
>> Hey, y'all,
>> While you're re-reading Jhagaala or waiting for your copy to show up, I've
>> got something else you can read if you're adventurous.
>>

> --
> Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
> Support Steven Brust!
> Adrilankha Gift Shop: http://www.cafepress.com/dragaera