[Dragaera] We must fill the Crack! (Jhegaala Spoiler Alert!)

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Jul 14 11:59:34 PDT 2008

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:

> Does Vlad really go around discussing his weaknesses with anyone besides
> a certain box?

Unlikely. I'd file it under "habits that get noticed". The sort of habits,
in fact, that Vlad himself often relied upon finding out about when planning
how to take down a target.

>> Vlad's claim to "good night vision" is a result of pride and his
>> depending on something that to him is no different than depending on
>> having the proper knife in his boot. He doesn't think of it as something
>> separate from himself.
>
> I don't follow this.

Keeping in mind that this is all speculation - He thinks he has good night
vision because the only time he cares is when he's on the job, and using the
spell when he's on the job is just using another tool in his arsenal. It's
not something he thinks about, particularly when the Enclouding emits its
own soft light and Adrilankha itself is full of streetlights of one sort or
another. By his lights (if you'll pardon the expression) at the time that he
bragged about his night vision, he'd never been handicapped to the point of
realizing just how dependent he was on that spell when the other factors
were removed.