[Dragaera] night vision

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Tue Jul 22 05:38:37 PDT 2008

Brian Vanskyock wrote:
> I heard her come a little closer; Loiosh could now see her, but I can't see as well at night as he can.
>
> "Don't feel bad, Boss.  We can't all have adequate vision."
>
> "At least both of my eyes face forward, scavenger."

Look at which birds have eyes on the side, and which have eyes in
front.   Prey have their eyes on the side.   Predators are better off
with binocular vision - especially flying predators.   It's important to
be able to judge exactly when swooping down on a mouse, and not crash
into the ground.   Prey would rather see a larger angle to avoid being
caught.

//