[Dragaera] Jhegaala (movie reference)

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Tue Jul 22 09:14:18 PDT 2008

I guessed either "Count of Monte Cristo" (9 years) or Sweeney Todd (15 years
I think).

Inigo's wait was also about 15 years.

Wait much longer than that and your object of revenge is likely to be dead,
or so old it doesn't matter (as dealt with in "Wicked" with the revenge
killing of Madame Morrible)

StY

2008/7/22 Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>:

> Chris Olson wrote:
>
>> Scott Crain wrote:
>>

>>> Theoretical spoiler, so sod off.
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>
>>> Not completely sure, but I sort of see this as a reference to 'The
>>> Princess Bride':
>>>
>>> Jhegaala, Part 2, Chapter 4, p 75:
>>>
>>> He said, "I once knew a man who spent thirty years -- thirty years,
>>> attempting to --"
>>> "Feh.  That's not about vengeance, that's obsession."
>>>

>>> This seems (to me) to refer to Inigo Montoya's 20-year dedication to
>>> finding the Six-Fingered Man (Count Rugen) and killing him, all for
>>> vengeance over his father's murder.
>>>
>>> S. Thomas Crain
>>>

>> Hmm...I'd thought "The Count of Monte Cristo", but I admit I can't
>> remember how long he was on his revenge kick.  Anyone recall?  (It's been a
>> while...:)
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I was wondering the same thing.

\Steve