[Dragaera] Groups in Jhegaala (spoilers?)

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 00:20:01 PDT 2008

There
once
was
Jhereg
named
Tagichatn
Whose
name
seemed
sound
like
Taishatinin
This
limerick
sucks

I might have missed it up-thread, but I don't know if anyone's mentioned
this yet. Starting with the prologue with Noish-pa, every time I read
about Guilds and Covens, they fell into a familiar pattern in my mind:
Guild ~= Right Hand, Coven ~= Left Hand. This seemed to be especially
acute in Burz, where the Right Hand, excuse me, the *Guild* seemed to
have its fingers in every business pie in town. Both the Guild and the
Coven in Burz seemed to require membership of any potential competitors,
and it was implied that strong-arming of various varieties was employed
to make sure everyone toed the proper line. The Coven had secret
leadership, and I seem to recall this is a similar hallmark of the Left
Hand, although it's late and I'm too tired to look this up more
thoroughly. This is a good enough start.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand