[Dragaera] sword joke

J C greyw01f at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 12:44:47 PDT 2008

The following are all my own, somewhat funny, some just plain bad, but the idea is there. In any and all cases, feel free to refine them if you think you can make them better/snappier.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Issola does it take to sharpen a sword?

Two.  One to ask a smith to sharpen it, and another to give you a polite look that says that it was rude to notice the sword was dull to begin with.
 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Issola does it take to sharpen a sword?

One.  But she only sharpens one edge while making the other as smooth as silk.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Issola/Tiassa does it take to sharpen a sword?

One, usually in the first act.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Jhegaala does it take to sharpen a sword?

X*, but he's really hard to pin down, because his schedule keeps changing.

*: where x= the number of metamorphoses a Jhegaala goes through in its lifetime
(I just can't remember the specific number--AFT, and hell, until _Jhegaala_ was written, even Steve didn't know for sure how many transformations they underwent, so it might be funny with the variable in the final format of the joke)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Jhegaala does it take to sharpen a sword?

One, but he's only a swordsmith from days 17-34.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Jhereg does it take to sharpen a sword?

One, but only if he's got some 'work'.

(what do you guys think? Are the quotation marks too obvious?  Should I leave "work" unadorned with such punctuation?)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Teckla does it take to sharpen a sword?

Two, one to sharpen the sword, and another to keep his hands from trembling.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
How many Teckla does it take to sharpen a sword?

Three, one to sharpen the sword, one to describe how his grandfather sharpens his tools better, and the other to guard the door from the authorities.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

How many Yendi does it take to sharpen a sword?

Don't be stupid.  Any Yendi worth their salt already knows the answer.

or:

How many Yendi does it take to sharpen a sword?

Don't be stupid. It only takes a single Dragonlord.

How many Athyra does it take to sharpen a sword?

Three.  One to think up the idea of a Platonic Form of the "ideal" of sharpness, one to research the sorcery required to sharpen a sword to that degree, and another to successfully cast the spell during the first experimental casting, even though he accidentally blows himself up in the process.

How many Hawk does it take to sharpen a sword?

Isn't it odd how we use "s" to pluralize Terran fauna, but not Dragaeran?

Okay, that's enough for now...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Bush is a Tsalmoth :P